This object has not been digitized yet.

This object is currently on display in room 201 as part of Sarah & Eleanor Hewitt: Designing a Modern Museum.

 

Object Timeline

  • We acquired this object.

1905

  • Work on this object began.

2022

Logo, Au Panier Fleuri, 1905

This is a Logo. It is dated 1905. Its medium is reproduction. It is a part of the department.

In 1905, Sarah and Eleanor Hewitt and their friend Constance Parsons opened a store called Au Panier Fleuri to sell decorative home accessories inspired by the museum’s collections and designed by students from the Cooper Union Women’s Art School. Its purpose was to offer employment to students who created designs for clients, such as interior decorator Elsie de Wolfe. Au Panier Fleuri was hugely profitable, and, when sold in 1922, its profits created a fund for museum acquisitions, which was used by Cooper Hewitt until 2001.

It is credited Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum.

If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:

<ref name=CH>{{cite web |url=https://www-4.collection.cooperhewitt.org/objects/2318805821/ |title=Logo, Au Panier Fleuri, 1905 |author=Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum |accessdate=4 October 2022 |publisher=Smithsonian Institution}}</ref>