Consolidated Lamp and Glass Company
The Consolidated Lamp and Glass Company was formed through an 1893 merger of two firms in Pennsylvania and Ohio. After a fire destroyed the Ohio factory 1895, the company moved its operation to Coraopolis, Pennsylvania. The firm introduced its new line of iridescent glass, called royal copper, in 1893 and showed it at the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. Prior to the 1920s, the company produced mainly lamps and shades, but later turned to glass tableware and giftware. Its most popular wares were produced in the 1920s and imitated such manufacturers as Lalique. The modernist Ruba Rombic line, introduced in 1928, became its most popular design. The line was so popular that even when Consolidated shut... more.