Program, The Ladies' Amateur Orchestra
This is a Program.
This object is not part of the Cooper Hewitt's permanent collection. It was able to spend time at the museum on loan from Cooper Union Library as part of Sarah & Eleanor Hewitt: Designing a Modern Museum.
In 1885, Sarah and Eleanor organized the Ladies Amateur Orchestra, which played for at-home and charity events. The orchestra was dubbed “the Musical Maids” and “Swelldom’s Belles” by the press, with Sarah performing as first violinist and Eleanor playing the viola.
It is credited
The Cooper Union Archives and Special Collections.
Its dimensions are
H x W: 17.7 × 21.7 cm (6 15/16 × 8 9/16 in.)